At least, two police officers and one civilian were injured and transported to area hospitals after a Friday crash in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police reported that the incident started when officers ordered a car to pull over at around noon.

But while the officers were approaching the car over, their patrol cruiser hit another vehicle along Block 4700 of Large Street.

Since the police cruiser that asking the vehicle to pull over stopped a few blocks away, the driver of that car was able to leave.

Medics brought the two officers to Temple University Hospital where they were treated of minor injuries and are now in stable conditions. In fact, one had been released by at1:30 oclock that noon while the other was still under evaluation.

The civilian driver was transported to Einstein Medical Center, treated of minor injuries and declared in stable condition.

The earlier reports stated that the crash was a hit-and-run following a police pursuit but it was not a hit-and-run pursuit. Police officers were injured Sunday when the police cruiser collided with another vehicle, whose driver was behing the wheel impaired by alcohol.

Two days ago, another patrol car driven by Asbury Park Patrolman identified as Michael Boone collided with 2003 black Ford F150 operated by Kenneth L. Johnson, age 51. The collision occurred at 11:52 oclock Sunday evening at the corner of Adams Street and Atkins Avenue and Adams Street.

Boone sustained injuries at his back and was transported to Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune. Boone was released after treatment but could not resume police duties.

The civilian driver was apprehended and is now facing the following charges: (1) driving under the influence; (2) possession of open container of alcohol: (3) failing to have headlights on; and (4) failing to have license in possession. The civilian driver claimed that he did not have the blood-alcohol-concentration level at this time.

On the morning of January 19, Boone was injured in a morning crash at the corner of Munroe Ave. and Memorial Drive. He and another patrolman identified as Francis Sangi were going south along Memorial Drive when an Asbury Park resident driving a silver SUV ignored a stop sign at the corner of Munroe and hit the patrol car.

Boone, as well as Sangi sustained minor injuries but were not able to resume police duties for several days after the accident.

Last December, another Asbury Park police officer and a civilian driver were involved was in an accident that destroyed traffic signals at the NJ Transit North Jersey Coast Line. The cruiser of Patrolman Jay’von Britt collided with a vehicle operated by a 21-year-old Belmar man at the corner of 3rd Ave. and Memorial Drive. This was the result when the Belmar driver allegedly did not follow a stop sign at the intersection.

Both police and civilian drivers were taken to the Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune.

New information will be added to this news report after more details become available.

If you or your loved one has been harmed or fatally injured due to negligence or someone else fault, contact a Philadelphia car accident lawyer now for free consultation. You may be entitled to financial compensation for economic damages, as well as pain and suffering.


Source: 6ABC Com



Source: App. Com