Camden – During a June 12 arrest, a man claimed that his neck was snapped under the feet of officers. His legal counsel is demanding for the immediate release of the police video footage documenting the incident.

A lawyer representing Xavier Ingram, age 21, resident of Camden, filed a case last September versus both city and county of Camden, together with the Police Department of Camden County and some officers claiming police brutality that resulted to paralysis of plaintiff. In a press conference, the lady-attorney said that the Prosecutor’s Office has been investigating the incident but failed to neither respond to her requests for full video release of the incident nor give her an update on their investigation.

She said that they have seen a portion of the video and saw that Ingram fell to the ground during the arrest and looked lifeless and limp. He claimed that he told officers that he could not feel his lags after they stomped on the back of his neck. Ingram actually said that he heard his neck break, and felt excruciating pain.

The attorney said she has the testimony of an eyewitness who claimed that the officers forcibly Ingram to move after the arrest, and they saw him later sitting up while his head and neck dangled.

Camden County police stated that the injuries of Ingram were the result of an accidental fall on a wet road while he was fleeing from the police officers. Police patrolling the area of 7th and Chestnut streets noted that Ingram was holding his waistband that indicated he may have had a gun.

The police stated that when Ingram was walking between two parked cars, an officer heard a metal object dropping to the ground. Police later stated they found a silver handgun believed to have been stolen from Gloucester Township, between two vehicles.

According to his attorney, Ingram walked into a nearby liquor store to purchase a soda. When he walked outside, police attempted to stop him, at which point he ran from the officers, slipped and fell.

Camden County Police Chief Scott Thomson stated that the tragic injury of Ingram seems to be the result of his own making. The officers making the arrest showed composure during the entire incident and acted immediately to render aid and called for medical aid.

Last Friday, his legal counsel said she had the expert medical opinion that reviewed Ingram’s CT scans and found that his injuries could have only come from pressure down on top of his neck.

Attorney told jury that the police also attacked a second victim at the scene; a man was identified as Darren Dickerson, who said that he witnessed the alleged brutality against Ingram and even told officers to stop. Ingram and his family are now seeking monetary damages for the cost of taking care of him for the rest of his life.

His attorney said that Ingram is now a paraplegic as a result of his injury; it would take tens of millions of dollars to take care of him and his medical bills as he is presently under treatment at Cooper University Hospital.

If you or your loved one has been harmed or fatally injured due to police brutality, contact a personal injury lawyer now for free consultation. You may be entitled to financial compensation for economic damages, as well as pain and suffering.

Source: N.J. Com