INDIANAPOLIS – The Saturday morning fire in Olney made a final claim of six lives as the two children who originally survived the house fire passed away Sunday afternoon. The family announced the demise of Miranda Guerra, age 14 and Fuentes Guerra age 6 who expired at Riley Children’s Hospital. Their aunt said that the family decided to take off their life support after tests revealed there was no more brain activity.

Parents of the fatalities, Lionel Guerra, age 47 and Brandy Guerra, age 33 died Saturday morning, along with their children, along Esteban, age 11 and  Blanquita, age 8.

For the family, everything happening was like a bizarre nightmare. Even beyond the Guerra family, the impact of the tragedy was felt. The impact, however, is felt beyond the Guerra family. Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard said it was very sad that an entire family was just gone. It’s difficult to put into words because so many people tried to help.

Sandra Lopez, the sister, said that she is incredibly thankful to the first responders, dispatchers, and the community for all of their support. Firefighters were running all over the place with the medics and she is very much appreciative of everything that they did.

The family made it very clear that they are going to look at their faith in God and through prayers, they can carry their burden. There will be a memorial fund set up in a local bank on Monday.

Captain Rita Reith of the Indianapolis Fire Department stated for the fire department, six deaths are the largest single loss of life for a family due to fire in its service district. The cause of the fire is still being investigated but so far there was no cause to believe that it was due to foul play. However, firefighters commented that there was no working smoke detector in the home.

Services for the six have been set and burial will be Friday at 3:00 o’clock in the afternoon at New Crown Cemetery.

Meanwhile another fire broke out at a home around 5:00 o’clock Monday afternoon on block 4800 at N. 9th Street, and it quickly spread to four other row homes. An autistic 14-year-old boy identified Na’eem Demby was trapped and died after being pulled out of a row home fire.

Uncle Dewey Demby said that the whole front of the house was in flames and there was too much smoke. Firefighters arrived within minutes and saved Na’eem from a second floor bedroom. The teen was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center. Word later came that he died at the hospital.

The American Red Cross of Southeastern Pennsylvania are helping two families affected by the fire.

Investigators are looking into what caused the fire.

Accident victims have rights. If you were injured in a accident, contact experienced accident attorney now for free consultation. He will protect the rights of you and your loved ones. You may be entitled to financial compensation for economic damages, as well as pain and suffering.

Source: My Fox Philly Com