Philadelphia Brain Injury Lawyer Discusses Dale Earnhardt Jr. Retiring After Multiple Concussions ?
Earnhardt has been open about his health struggles stemming from repeat concussions
Most people associate concussions with contact sports like football. The NFL has dominated news headlines in recent years due to a number of former and current players coming forward to talk about the effects of multiple concussions.
However, car crashes account for a third of all concussions, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Car accidents were also responsible for 15 percent of all brain injury-related hospital visits and deaths in 2013.
In 2017, legendary NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. announced that he will retire from the sport at the end of the season. Earnhardt has been open about his health struggles stemming from repeat concussions. According to Earnhardt, the risk of permanent damage is too great to continue in the sport.
Have You Suffered a Concussion in a Car Accident?
Brain injuries happen more often than many people realize. Unfortunately, the symptoms arent always easy to spot. In other cases, the side effects of a concussion mimic other health problems, which can lead doctors to miss them or misdiagnose them.
If youve been in a car accident, be mindful of the following concussions signs and symptoms:
- Memory loss ? Do you have trouble recalling things that happened yesterday or just last week? Do you have tip of the tongue syndrome, where you struggle to think of a word?
- Vertigo or dizziness ? If you feel like the floor is shifting under you, this could be a sign of concussion.
- Light or noise sensitivity ? Do bright lights bother you? Does noise irritate you or cause you to develop a headache?
- Nausea ? If your stomach is upset, or you feel queasy, you could be suffering from a concussion.
- Confusion ? If you feel disorientated or youre struggling to complete everyday tasks like getting dressed in the morning or preparing meals, you might be experiencing the effects of a brain injury.
- Irritability ? If youre often on edge or more easily annoyed than usual, you might be experiencing concussion symptoms.
If you suspect you have suffered a concussion, its imperative to get medical treatment as soon as possible. The sooner you begin documenting your injury, the better it is for any future personal injury case.
Philadelphia Brain Injury Lawyer Discusses Concussions
According to Dale Earnhardt Jr., he used to think of concussions as nothing more than a bruise. However, research has shown that even a single concussion can leave an individual with lasting health problems. Its incredibly important to obtain medical treatment if youve been in a car accident and you think you may have sustained a concussion or other type of brain injury. ???
Contact a Philadelphia Brain Injury Lawyer Today
If you have been involved in an auto accident, theres a good chance you suffered a concussion. The violent movements created in an impact between two vehicles can cause the brain to bounce off the side of the skull. Dont delay speaking to a lawyer about your case. Discuss your options and the next steps in your brain injury case with Philadelphia law office of Joel J. Kofsky